CAN / CAN Bus Gateway
The CG-ARM7/D/E is a CAN Bus Gateway designed for applications where there is a demand for higher flexibility. Both the supply voltage range and the operating temperature range are extended in a way that the use in automotive applications is possible.
The CG-ARM7/D/E obtains its potential through the use of a 32 bit micro controller with 48MHz clock. High speed processing and low latencies allow the use with high data rates and bus loads.
A benefit of using a CG-ARM7 CAN Gateway is that the restriction of the maximum data rate depending on cable length for single CAN segments can be abolished for the over-all CAN system.
Please contact us for in-person sales and technical assistance.
For special tasks, such as modification of the data content of CAN messages, a development kit with the CG-ARM7/D/E design variant is optionally available for writing custom specific (ARM7) firmware. A range of code compatible CPC-ARM7 design variants are available, with the following differentiating features:
- CG-ARM7 (rail mountable; non-isolated; HS/HS, HS/LS speed options; RS-232 configuration port)
- CG-ARM7/GTI (rail mountable; galvanic isolation; HS/HS, HS/LS speed options; RS-232 configuration port)
- CG-ARM7/D/E (firmware re-programmable / recommended for development; included with development kit; HS/HS, HS/LS, LS/LS speed options; USB configuration port; extended temperature operation)
HS = High speed;
LS = Low speed
- CAN Gateway for Commercial, Business, and Industrial applications
- FCC Class A Verified: Use is restricted to commercial, business, and industrial environments
- Connection of CAN subnetworks with differing data rates
- Default (HS/HS) build connects two high speed subnetworks with support for differing data rates
- Optional (HS/LS) build can be special ordered for interfacing between high speed and low speed CAN subnetworks
- Optional (LS/LS) build can be special ordered for interfacing between ow speed CAN subnetworks
- Filtering and buffering of data traffic
- Ready to use firmware allows configuration to filter and/or map messages by identifier
- Protocol Infrastructure:
- Supports CAN protocols 2.0A (11-bit identifiers) and 2.0B (29-bit identifiers)
- Suitable for use with CANopen, DeviceNet, and J1939 Higher Layer Protocols
- Microcontroller NXP LPC2119 with 2 internal CAN controllers
- Extended supply voltage range
- Extended temperature range
Layout and Connection
The connection of the CAN bus is done by a D-Sub 9 male and female plug. These are also used as default power supply connection. An USB interface is provided for configuration, firmware download and optional power supply purposes.
|Voltage on bus connections
|Admissible power consumption (at 60°C)
Any (also temporary) stress in excess of the limiting values may cause permanent damage on CG-ARM7/D/E and other connected devices. Exposure to limiting conditions for extended periods may affect the reliability and shorten the life cycle of the device.
|Current consumption (running idle)
All values, unless otherwise specified, refer to a supply voltage of 24V and an environmental temperature of 20°C.
Scope of Delivery
- CAN/CAN Gateway CG-ARM7/D/E
- User Manual
- Configuration Software