CAN / CAN Gateway
The CG-ARM7/GTI isolated CAN Bus gateway transmits CAN signals between subsystems. CG-ARM7/GTI allows a flexible design of the wiring topology. Star and tree structures as well as extensive line structures can be realized. The galvanic separation between the CAN channels allows the use with diverging ground potentials.
The CG-ARM7/GTI obtains its potential through the use of a 32 bit microcontroller with 48MHz clock. Among the available functions are data rate adaption, message filtering as well as identifier conversion between the coupled busses.
The restriction of the maximum data rate depending on cable length for single CAN segments can be abolished for the over-all system by use of CG-ARM7/GTI.
For in-person sales and technical assistance, please contact us.
For special tasks, such as modification of the data content of CAN messages, a development kit with the CG-ARM7/D/E design variant is optionally available for writing custom specific (ARM7) firmware. A range of code compatible CPC-ARM7 design variants are available, with the following differentiating features:
- CG-ARM7 (rail mountable; non-isolated; HS/HS, HS/LS speed options; RS-232 configuration port)
- CG-ARM7/GTI (rail mountable; isolated using galvanic isolation; HS/HS, HS/LS speed options; RS-232 configuration port)
- CG-ARM7/D/E (firmware re-programmable / recommended for development; included with development kit; HS/HS, HS/LS, LS/LS speed options; USB configuration port; extended temperature operation)
HS = High speed;
LS = Low speed
- CAN Gateway for Commercial, Business, and Industrial applications
- FCC Class A Verified: Use is restricted to commercial, business, and industrial environments
- Rail mountable
- Galvanic Separation
- Galvanic separation between CAN channels
- Galvanic separation between power supply and CAN channels
- Connection of CAN subnetworks with differing data rates
- Default (HS/HS) build connects two high speed subnetworks with support for differing data rates
- Optional (HS/LS) build can be special ordered for interfacing between high speed and low speed CAN subnetworks
- Filtering and buffering of data traffic
- Ready to use firmware allows configuration to filter and/or map messages by identifier
- Protocol Infrastructure:
- Supports CAN protocols 2.0A (11-bit identifiers) and 2.0B (29-bit identifiers)
- Suitable for use with CANopen, DeviceNet, and J1939 Higher Layer Protocols
- Microcontroller NXP LPC2119 with 2 internal CAN controllers
- Code compatible supported across CG-ARM7, CG-ARM7/GTI, and CG-ARM7/D/E CAN Gateway family
- Configuration and firmware download via RS-232 interface
- Optional configuration and firmware download via CAN Bus (requires use of CPC PC interface)
Layout and Connection
Both CAN busses are connected by a D-Sub 9 male connector. Also the power supply and the RS232 interface have D-Sub 9 male connectors.
|Voltage on bus connectors
|Admissible power consumption (at 60°C)
Any (also temporary) stress in excess of the limiting values may cause permanent damage onCG-ARM7/GTI and other connected devices. Exposure to limiting conditions for extended periods may affect the reliability and shorten the life cycle of the device.
|Current consumption (running idle)
All values, unless otherwise specified, refer to a supply voltage of 24V and an environmental temperature of 20°C.
Scope of Delivery
- CAN/CAN Gateway CG-ARM7/GTI
- User Manual
- Configuration Software