The emotas CANinterpreter is a versatile CAN Analyzer PC software tool for monitoring and recording of data traffic in CAN networks and its analysis according to proprietary or standardized higher-layer protocols. The PC based software can be utilized with any of the following products:
- CPC-PCIe PCI Express CAN Bus interface (Windows & Linux Supported)
- CPC-USB USB CAN Bus interface (Windows & Linux Supported)
- CPC-USB/embedded USB Can Bus interface (Windows & Linux Supported)
- EtherCAN CI-ARM9/RMD Ethernet to CAN Bus gateway (Windows Supported)
- Online monitoring of bus traffic
- Interpretation of CAN data according to user’s specifications
- Recording of CAN messages
- Flexible CAN-ID specific filtering
- Single or cyclic sending of CAN messages/sequences
- Extension of functions by Plugins
Plugins to Extend Functionality
CANinterpreter functionality can be extended with the use of optional Plugins, which can also be developed and provided to address customer specific requirements. Examples of use include utilization as service tool or as diagnostic tool for devices or plants.
The CANopen Interpretation Plugin interprets all CAN messages according to the CANopen specification. E.g. instead of “40 17 10 00” the content is interpreted as a SDO read access to the Heartbeat producer object(0x1017). The traffic can be filtered by CANopen service and node-ID and also the contains of PDOs can be displayed according to their mapping.
The J1939 Interpretation PlugIn was developed especially for use with J1939 networks. It monitors the data traffic of J1939 networks and interprets all PGNs and J1939 transport protocols.
This Plugin was developed especially for use with EnergyBus. It monitors the data traffic of EnergyBus networks and displays the state and process data of all EnergyBus components.