The CG-ARM7/D/E is a CAN Bus to CAN Bus Gateway designed for applications where there is a demand for higher flexibility. Both the supply voltage range and the operating temperature range are extended in a way that the use in automotive applications is possible.
- The CG-ARM7/D/E obtains its potential through the use of a 32 bit micro controller with 48MHz clock.
- High speed processing and low latencies allow the use with high data rates and bus loads.
- A benefit of using a CG-ARM7 CAN Gateway is that the restriction of the maximum data rate depending on cable length for single CAN segments can be abolished for the over-all CAN system.
The CG-ARM7/D/E is delivered with standard firmware that supports a variety of ready to use functions, including: data rate adaption, message filtering and message identifier conversion between the coupled busses.
Key Product Features
- CAN Gateway for Commercial, Business, and Industrial applications
- Connection of CAN subnetworks with differing data rates
- Default (HS/HS) build connects two high speed subnetworks with support for differing data rates
- Optional (HS/LS) build can be special ordered for interfacing between high speed and low speed CAN subnetworks
- Optional (LS/LS) build can be special ordered for interfacing between ow speed CAN subnetworks
- Filtering and buffering of data traffic
- Ready to use firmware allows configuration to filter and/or map messages by identifier
- Protocol Infrastructure:
- Supports CAN protocols 2.0A (11-bit identifiers) and 2.0B (29-bit identifiers)
- Suitable for use with CANopen, DeviceNet, and J1939 Higher Layer Protocols
- Microcontroller NXP LPC2119 with 2 internal CAN controllers
- Extended supply voltage range
- Extended temperature range
- FCC Class A Verified: Use is restricted to commercial, business, and industrial environments
The configuration of the device functions can take place either through CAN or through the built-in USB interface. Download software for the configuration is available for Windows and Linux PCs.
A range of code compatible CPC-ARM7 design variants are available, with the following differentiating features:
- CG-ARM7/RMD (rail mountable; non-isolated; HS/HS, HS/LS speed options; RS-232 configuration port)
- CG-ARM7/GTI (rail mountable; galvanic isolation; HS/HS, HS/LS speed options; RS-232 configuration port)
- CG-ARM7/D/E (firmware re-programmable / recommended for development; included with development kit; HS/HS, HS/LS, LS/LS speed options; USB configuration port; extended temperature operation)
HS = High speed; LS = Low speed
Layout and Connection
The connection of the CAN bus is done by a D-Sub 9 male and female plug. These are also used as default power supply connection. An USB interface is provided for configuration, firmware download and optional power supply purposes.
|Voltage on bus connections||-30||+30||V|
|Admissible power consumption (at 60°C)||n.s.||2000||mW|
Any (also temporary) stress in excess of the limiting values may cause permanent damage on CG-ARM7/D/E and other connected devices. Exposure to limiting conditions for extended periods may affect the reliability and shorten the life cycle of the device.
|Current consumption (running idle)||–||tbd||–||mA|
All values, unless otherwise specified, refer to a supply voltage of 24V and an environmental temperature of 20°C.