The CPC-USB/FD is a CAN-FD to USB communications adapter, for use with Windows based systems in commercial and industrial environments. Utilizes a compact and robust metal housing, powered via USB, and equipped with a powerful Cortex M4 microcontroller.
ProCANtool CAN-Monitor for Windows is included with purchase; Advanced Network Monitoring, Analysis, and Higher Layer Protocol Tools are optionally available.
Key Product Features
- CAN-FD Interface for Commercial, Business, and Industrial applications
- Powerful Cortex M4 microcontroller with internal CAN & USB controllers
- USB 2.0 high speed Interface
- Display of USB communication and CAN data transfer via LEDs
- Power supplied completely over USB
- Galvanic isolation between PC and CAN bus
- CAN bus DC fault protection voltage of ±70V
- Extensive Software Support:
- CiA DS102 and ISO 11898 compatible physical layer
- Supports CAN protocols 2.0A (11-bit identifiers) and 2.0B (29-bit identifiers)
- FCC Class A Verified: Use is restricted to commercial, business, and industrial environments
Layout and Connection
CPC-USB includes a CAN segment connected by a male plug of type D-Sub 9, the pin assignment is complying to CiA DS-102 standard. In addition, the interface includes a USB connector that also carries the supply for CPC-USB. The following table shows the assignment of the CAN connector:
|2||CAN_L||CAN bus line (dominant low)|
|7||CAN_H||CAN bus line (dominant high)|
|Voltage on bus connections||-70||+70||V|
Any (also temporary) stress in excess of the limiting values may cause permanent damage on CPC-USB and other connected devices. Exposure to limiting conditions for extended periods may affect the reliability and shorten the life cycle of the device.
|Current consumption (idle mode)||–||100||–||mA|
|Current consumption (operational mode)||–||–||250||mA|
All values, unless otherwise specified, refer to a supply voltage of 5V and an environmental temperature of 20°C.