The CPC-USB is a CAN Bus to USB communications adapter, for use with Windows or Linux based systems in commercial and industrial environments. Optionally available with low speed transceiver, high voltage tolerance, with or without isolation. Utilizes a compact and robust metal housing, powered via USB, and equipped with a powerful Cortex M3 microcontroller. Supports CAN protocols 2.0A and 2.0B, and is suitable for use with higher layer communication protocols such as CANopen, J1939, and DeviceNet.
ProCANtool CAN-Monitor for Windows is included with purchase; Advanced Network Monitoring, Analysis, and Higher Layer Protocol Tools are optionally available.
* Toyota BT and Demag Crane versions should be purchased through their respective distribution networks, as they are not available from Traquair.
Key Product Features
- CAN Interface for Commercial, Business, and Industrial applications
- Powerful Cortex M3 microcontroller with internal CAN & USB controllers
- USB 2.0 Full speed Interface
- Firmware flashable over USB
- Display of USB communication and CAN data transfer via LEDs
- Power supplied completely over USB
- Hardware Options (select at order time):
- Galvanic Isolation between PC and CAN bus
- High Voltage Tolerance (with Galvanic Isolation)
- Low Speed Transceiver for Automotive Environments (with Galvanic Isolation)
- RJ45 CAN Connector (with Galvanic Isolation)
- Extensive Software Support:
- CAN Software Runtime & Development kits for Windows and Linux
- Support for Linux SocketCAN (driver included with current active release of Linux kernel)
- ProCANtool CAN-Monitor for Windows included with purchase
- Advanced Network Monitoring, Analysis, and Higher Layer Protocol Tools optionally available.
- Suitable for use with CANopen, DeviceNet, and J1939 Higher Layer Protocols
- CiA DS102 and ISO 11898 compatible physical layer
- Supports CAN protocols 2.0A (11-bit identifiers) and 2.0B (29-bit identifiers)
- FCC Class A Verified: Use is restricted to commercial, business, and industrial environments
Layout and Connection
CPC-USB includes a CAN segment connected by a male plug of type D-Sub 9, the pin assignment is complying to CiA DS-102 standard. In addition, the interface includes a USB connector that also carries the supply for CPC-USB. The following table shows the assignment of the D-Sub 9 CAN connector:
|Pin||Name||Description (standard version)||Description (low speed version)|
|1||RTL||Not connected||Connected with Pin 2 by a 5k6 resistor and with dedicated Pin of TJA1054 CAN transceiver|
|2||CAN_L||CAN data line (dominant low)||CAN data line (dominant low)|
|7||CAN_H||CAN data line (dominant high)||CAN data line (dominant high)|
|8||RTH||Not Connected||Connected with Pin 7 by a 5k6 resistor and with|
dedicated Pin of TJA1054 CAN transceiver
|4,5,6,9||–||Not Connected||Not Connected|
|Voltage on bus connections (standard version)||-30||+30||V|
|Voltage on bus connections (LS version)||-27||+30||V|
|Voltage on bus connections (HV version)||-80||+80||V|
Any (also temporary) stress in excess of the limiting values may cause permanent damage on CPC-USB and other connected devices. Exposure to limiting conditions for extended periods may affect the reliability and shorten the life cycle of the device.
|Current consumption (idle mode)||–||100||–||mA|
|Current consumption (operational mode)||–||–||250||mA|
All values, unless otherwise specified, refer to a supply voltage of 5V and an environmental temperature of 20°C.
Need something slightly different?
CPC-USB CAN Adapters are also available in the following configurations: