The CPC-USB/FDembedded is a USB CAN FD interface, for internal USB ports of Windows based systems in commercial and industrial environments. It is ideally suited to space constrained applications in embedded PC environments, due to its small size.
The CPC-USB/embedded is installed directly at a SUB-D9 case opening or a slot panel and wired with the included cable to a pin connector of an internal USB interface of the main board.
ProCANtool CAN-Monitor for Windows is included with purchase
Advanced Network Monitoring, Analysis, and Higher Layer Protocol Tools are optionally available.
Key Product Features
- Powerful Cortex M4 microcontroller with internal CAN FD & USB controllers
- Power supplied over USB; Firmware flashable over USB
- Galvanic Isolation between PC and CAN bus
- Supports CAN protocols 2.0A (11-bit identifiers) and 2.0B (29-bit identifiers)
- Extensive Software Support:
- CAN Software Runtime & Development kits for Windows
- ProCANtool CAN-Monitor for Windows included with purchase
- Advanced Network Monitoring, Analysis, and Higher Layer Protocol Tools optionally available.
- FCC Class A Verified (use restricted to commercial, business, and industrial environments)
Layout and Connection
CPC-USB/FDembedded includes a CAN segment connected by a male plug of type D-Sub 9, the pin assignment is complying to CiA DS-102 standard. In addition, the interface includes a USB connector that also carries the supply for CPC-USB. The following table shows the assignment of the CAN connector:
|2||CAN_L||CAN data line (dominant low)|
|7||CAN_H||CAN data line (dominant high)|
|Voltage on bus connections||-70||+70||V|
Any (also temporary) stress in excess of the limiting values may cause permanent damage on CPC-USB/FDembedded and other connected devices. Exposure to limiting conditions for extended periods may affect the reliability and shorten the life cycle of the device.
All values, unless otherwise specified, refer to a supply voltage of 5V and an environmental temperature of 20°C.